At Big Nerd Ranch we specialize in developing business-building mobile and web apps for our clients. We then teach students what we’ve learned through our signature immersive bootcamps, and every year we release new books in our best-selling series of Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
How do we do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. And then we live our values of being brilliant, kind, and hardworking.
We’re looking for Nerds who are as passionate as we are about writing stylish code on the most exciting platforms. Engineers who want to be amongst the smartest, kindest people they know.
Sound appealing? Learn more about us.
As a Developer, you will...
- Learn every single day
- Have empathy for and communicate clearly with your coworkers and clients
- Develop existing and new mobile applications for Big Nerd Ranch and for our clients
- Author stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements) and tests
- Contribute to and participate in development meetings (standups, kickoffs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients
- Collaborate with team members, consultants, designers and clients to provide accurate estimations, timelines and risks associated with development
- Contribute to the Android community through code, blog posts, teaching and speaking
As a candidate, you...
- Have Android development experience and experience working on consulting projects
- Understand that an activity is destroyed across a configuration change, but also why it’s destroyed and how to embrace its lifecycle
- Know how to gracefully support any screen size and device type
- Appreciate the quality guarantees that well-written tests provide
- Have a drive to learn and understand as much as possible
- Enjoy reviewing others' code and having your code reviewed
- Appreciate the perspective that others from a variety of different backgrounds and experience levels can provide
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
You might also...
- Have experience with Kotlin (if not, don’t worry. We’ll teach you)
- Have knowledge of RxJava and its impact on application architecture
- Enjoy teaching others and can clearly describe complicated software to your fellow developers
The benefits we offer to full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, most kind, and hardest working nerds in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world. Are you up to the challenge?