At Big Nerd Ranch, we specialize in developing business-building mobile and web apps for our clients. We then teach students what we’ve learned through our signature immersive bootcamps, and every year we release new books in our best-selling series of Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
How do we do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. And then we live our values of being brilliant, kind, and hardworking.
We’re looking for Nerds who are as passionate as we are about writing stylish code on the most exciting platforms. Engineers who want to be amongst the smartest, kindest people they know.
Sound appealing? Learn more about us.
As a Developer, you will...
- Develop applications for Big Nerd Ranch and for our clients
- Code-review your teammates
- Write stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements), tests and code.
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, contributing to open source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
As a candidate, you...
- You know the core aspects of iOS development including architecture, design, configuration, the Xcode environment, Objective-C and Swift
- You have a solid knowledge of multithreaded programming and UI concepts
- You’ve endured the App Store submission process
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re friendly; strong interpersonal skills are key for success
You might also...
- Have created APIs that conform to the JSON API spec.
- Have interest in web development (e.g. React, Ruby on Rails, etc.).
- Have interest in translating UI/UX wireframes into clean and efficient Sass/CSS.
- Enjoy teaching others and can clearly describe complicated software to your fellow developers.
- Have a passion for speaking publicly or blogging regularly.
The benefits we offer to full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
At the Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, most kind, and hardest working nerds in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world. Are you up to the challenge?