At Big Nerd Ranch, we specialize in building mobile and web apps for our clients. We also teach students through our signature immersive bootcamps and corporate onsite training, and every year we release new books in our best-selling series of Big Nerd Ranch Guides. How do we do it? It’s all our people—we only hire the best. Then we live our values of being brilliant, kind, and hardworking.
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing who is as passionate as we are about enriching a business that builds and teaches state-of-the-art software on the most exciting platforms. Someone who wants to work among the smartest, kindest people they know.
Reporting to the COO, the Director of Marketing is primarily responsible for designing, refining and executing marketing strategy related to our business development goals. The Director of Marketing will require a balance of high-level strategic thinking to help us reach our goals and hands-on execution of marketing plans.
The Director of Marketing will leverage research to develop and oversee the activation of strategic marketing plans to grow revenue via high value messages to target personas at enterprises matching our ideal customer profile, managing timelines and budgets, as well as identifying and tracking key metrics.
Sound appealing? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute an account-based marketing strategy across all Consulting and Training services in line with overall revenue strategy set by Director of Business Development and the CEO
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to set strategy and develop collateral
- Establish the most appropriate marketing programs based on objectives including email, webinars, SEO, PPC, PR, social media, and events
- Identify new trends, verticals, and channels to establish new opportunities for marketing our services
- Assess and improve sales and marketing efforts in collaboration with other teams
- Increase marketing effectiveness year over year by measuring and assessing everything from the tools and channels we use to the markets, forecasts, and activities we rely on
- Be visible in the tech community in Atlanta and beyond. This includes building relationships, embracing speaking opportunities, and increasing awareness of our capabilities
- Responsible for researching and identifying trends in emerging technologies that augment corporate goals
- Manage the marketing team
- A proven track record supporting and marketing a premium professional services organization, preferably in technology
- High-level experience creating and implementing new marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Experience directly collaborating and aligning with a sales team
- Proven skills in nurturing and building client relationships
- Experience managing a team of Marketing professionals
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Management, International Business or a related field preferred
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability.
- A MacBook and Apple workstation along with any other technical equipment you need to aid your work
- A flexible and learning based environment where creative ideas are encouraged and explored.
At the Big Nerd Ranch you'll work with great people. You’ll be part of helping companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world. Are you up to the challenge?