At Big Nerd Ranch, we specialize in developing business-building mobile and web apps for our clients. We then teach students what we’ve learned through our signature immersive bootcamps, and every year we release new books in our best-selling series of Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
How do we do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. And then we live our values of being brilliant, kind, and hardworking.
We are looking to grow our sales team to connect our excellent developers and designers to companies who need our help. The Sales Engineer will report to the Director of Business Development provide crucial technical knowledge and support to the sales team during discussion with new prospects.
Sound appealing? Learn more about us.
As a Sales Engineer, you will...
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the sales team to identify the most valuable solution for our clients and manage proposal delivery in complex sales cycles.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and have a willingness to constantly adapt to changes in the industry.
- Learn from our engineering and design teams, and also share knowledge learned from the development community.
- Collaborate with internal teams to monitor the client’s expectations regarding implementation and client satisfaction with the process.
- Frequently travel to establish new business relationships.
- Independently manage individual goals and quota, work as a team to meet team goals and objectives.
As a candidate, you...
- Have a college degree or equivalent experience.
- Have working knowledge of mobile and web technologies and experience with consultative selling techniques.
- Have served as an individual contributor on software development projects.
- Understand the importance of great UX/UI design in the app development process.
- Are an expert on the agile process and be able to communicate that effectively to clients.
- Have sound business acumen and understand how excellent technology can improve business performance.
- Enjoy speaking with people, and have the ability to explain difficult technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Understand this is not a development position, and that actively coding for our clients will not be expected.
You might also...
- Have experience with Salesforce.
- Have an intense passion for the amazing things great apps can do.
- Have excellent presentation skills and comfort speaking in front of a group.
- Have experience giving a great demo.
The benefits we offer to full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
At the Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, most kind, and hardest working nerds in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world. Are you up to the challenge?