At Big Nerd Ranch we empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do this through our signature immersive bootcamps, our quality online trainings, our elite consulting capabilities and our best selling Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
We have a vision to build relationships that drive partnerships with 20 Fortune 500 companies and train 200,000 designers and engineers by 2020. How are we going to do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. We are looking for a leader to join our team who has a passion for learning and teaching
The Training Director will collaborate across the company and the tech community to develop and grow training offerings in all categories related to learning from Big Nerd Ranch. We also live through our values. We are a community of Nerds who are Brilliant and Curious, Hard-working and Accountable, Kind and Authentic.
Sound appealing? Learn more about us.
As a Training Director, you will...
- Develop and implement comprehensive product roadmap for training products.
- Determine need for new courses and new delivery methods based on markets, research and discussions with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure effective, high value, profitable delivery of training, from initial contact to completion of delivery and evaluation.
- Plan and deploy a comprehensive virtual training program.
- Partner with corporate training clients to develop effective internal marketing collateral to recruit students to corporate learning programs.
- Create and deploy customized programs for recurring corporate training clients.
- Define and execute on best practices for training delivery.
- Identify and track key competitors and ensure BNR’s competitive advantage is communicated to sales and marketing teams.
- Define student and (corporate) buyer needs and wants, and develop training programs that address both personas.
- Complete implementation of comprehensive training platform (LMS) for all training delivery content and methods.
- Partner with sales team to help guide training prospects to best-fit training products and help identify opportunities for cross-selling.
- Partner with marketing team to inform marketing message around training by defining, researching and targeting buyers.
- Other items as needed to improve and maintain training line of business at BNR.
As a candidate, you...
- Have a college degree or equivalent experience.
- Have 7-10 years experience in training and development. Including curriculum development, delivery techniques, and logistics.
- Are passionate about technology and software development.
- Are proficient with Learning Management Systems and leveraging tools successfully.
- Have proven ability to build relationships and work across multiple functions.
- Understand the value of learning and can successfully influence decision makers by fostering genuine relationships.
- Have the initiative and drive to identify new clients.
- Are willing to travel occasionally.
The benefits we offer to full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
At Big Nerd Ranch you will make a difference and contribute to the tech industry in interesting ways. Are you up to the challenge?