At Big Nerd Ranch we empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do this through our signature immersive bootcamps, our quality online trainings, our elite consulting capabilities and our best selling Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
We have a vision to build relationships that drive partnerships with 20 Fortune 500 companies and train 200,000 designers and engineers by 2020. How are we going to do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. We are passionate about writing stylish code and teaching others to do the same. We then live through our values. We are a community of Nerds who are Brilliant and Curious, Hard-working and Accountable, Kind and Authentic.
Sound appealing? Keep reading!
Big Nerd Ranch is hiring Senior UX/UI Designer.
As a Designer, you will (Responsibilities):
- Work directly with Big Nerd Ranch client to design existing and new mobile applications for them and their customers
- Solve complex problems that have no clear right answer
- Work closely with developers to make your design a reality
- Lead strategic and product-oriented discussions/workshops with the project team and client
- Create low-fidelity wireframes, user flow documents, and polished designs
- Design interfaces that are as beautiful as they are functional
- Iterate on rapid prototypes
- Gather and develop requirements needed to fully understand the end user
- Collaborate with fellow designers to constantly improve product
- Share your design wisdom by instructing classes, attending conferences, and/or writing blog posts.
- Contribute to and participate in meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients
- Align with design team members, consultants, developers and clients to provide accurate estimations, timelines and risks associated with design
What you need to know (Requirements):
- Strong track record of developing applications that solved problems for users
- Smart, elegant portfolio exhibiting strong understanding of core aspects of mobile design, including architecture, design, and development
- Expert level experience with Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create rapid prototypes using tools such as InVision, Principle Flinto, and so forth
- Attention to detail (pixel-perfect interfaces, user experiences accounting for all use cases)
- Experience shipping apps for iOS, Android, or web
- Able to communicate effectively with developers and clients, written, and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills are key for success
- Embrace and adapt to change with ease.
- Must reside in the US and be legally authorized to work in the US.
The benefits we offer to full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
At Big Nerd Ranch you will make a difference and contribute to the development community in interesting ways. Are you up to the challenge?