At Big Nerd Ranch we specialize in building mobile and web apps for our clients. We then teach students what we’ve learned through our signature immersive bootcamps, and every year we release new books in our best-selling series of Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
How do we do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. Then we live our values of being brilliant, kind, and hardworking.
We’re looking for Nerds who are as passionate as we are about writing stylish code and elegant designs on the most exciting platforms. Engineers and Designers who want to work among the smartest, kindest people they know.
Sound appealing? Keep reading!
Big Nerd Ranch is hiring for summer internships
Internship will be May 14, 2018-August 3, 2018
What you'll do (Responsibilities):
- Learn how to develop existing and new applications for Big Nerd Ranch and for our clients
- Learn how to author stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements)
- Learn how to contribute to and participate in development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients
- Learn how to collaborate with team members, consultants, developers, designers and clients to provide accurate estimations, timelines and risks associated with development
- Learn how to contribute to the open-source community through code/design, documentation, teaching and speaking
- Learn how to write blog posts and pair with your teammates
What you already need to know (Requirements):
- Core aspects of software development and refactoring techniques for development internship and design methods for the design internship.
- A sponge-like brain ready to pick up new skills and continue building upon them
- Experience in the area of interest.
- Written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills are key for success
The benefits we offer:
- Apple laptop and workstation
- A stocked kitchen and all the caffeine you can consume
- On-site gym and personal trainer
- Super-flexible work hours
At Big Nerd Ranch, you'll be working hard to improve yourself, and how we work. You'll be rewarded by working with the smartest people on the planet. We help companies launch and build products that make the world more useful. Are you up to the challenge?