At Big Nerd Ranch we specialize in building mobile and web apps for our clients. We then teach students what we’ve learned through our signature immersive bootcamps, and every year we release new books in our best-selling series of Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
How do we do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. Then we live our values of being brilliant, kind, and hardworking.
We’re looking for Nerds who are as passionate as we are about creating aesthetic and useful designs for the most exciting platforms. Designers who want to work among the smartest, kindest people they know.
Sound appealing? Keep reading!
Big Nerd Ranch is hiring Senior UX/UI Designer.
As a Designer, you will (Responsibilities):
- Work directly with Big Nerd Ranch client to design existing and new mobile applications for them and their customers
- Solve complex problems that have no clear right answer
- Work closely with developers to make your design a reality
- Lead strategic and product-oriented discussions/workshops with the project team and client
- Create low-fidelity wireframes, user flow documents, and polished designs
- Design interfaces that are as beautiful as they are functional
- Iterate on rapid prototypes
- Gather and develop requirements needed to fully understand the end user
- Collaborate with fellow designers to constantly improve product
- Share your design wisdom by instructing classes, attending conferences, and/or writing blog posts.
- Contribute to and participate in meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients
- Align with design team members, consultants, developers and clients to provide accurate estimations, timelines and risks associated with design
What you need to know (Requirements):
- Strong track record of developing applications that solved problems for users
- Smart, elegant portfolio exhibiting strong understanding of core aspects of mobile design, including architecture, design, and development
- Expert level experience with Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create rapid prototypes using tools such as InVision, Principle Flinto, and so forth
- Attention to detail (pixel-perfect interfaces, user experiences accounting for all use cases)
- Experience shipping apps for iOS, Android, or web
- Able to communicate effectively with developers and clients, written, and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills are key for success
- Embrace and adapt to change with ease
The benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; matching 401k, short- and long- term disability
- A work environment with flexible hours so you have freedom to meet your personal and professional results. In fact, we were just recognized by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution for creating a flexible environment that offers work/life balance.
- Latest MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- Remote-friendly company culture
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different, we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, most kind, and hardest working nerds in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world. Are you up to the challenge?