At Big Nerd Ranch we specialize in developing business-building mobile and web apps for our clients. We then teach students what we’ve learned through our signature immersive bootcamps, and every year we release new books in our best-selling series of Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
How do we do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. And then we live our values of being brilliant, kind, and hardworking.
We’re looking for Nerds who are as passionate as we are about writing stylish code on the most exciting platforms. Engineers who want to be amongst the smartest, kindest people they know.
We're looking for a brilliant, kind, and hard-working web application developer.
As a developer, you will...
- Help us build The Internet by developing web applications, APIs, and backends for Big Nerd Ranch and our clients.
- Leverage simple design and lightweight modeling techniques to find the path that makes future change easier.
- Collaborate closely with teammates and clients to balance the desire for technical excellence with the need for delivery.
- Guide clients and teams toward greater agility; make incremental progress while continually adjusting your understanding based on what you’ve learned.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, contributing to open source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
As a candidate, you...
- Are naturally curious and inquisitive, often asking “why” to better understand “how.”
- Prefer techniques and tools which enhance your agility.
- Carefully consider adding a new dependency to your code base.
- Contemplate separation of responsibilities, encapsulation, and interfaces between objects.
- Communicate effectively by leaving eloquent comments on pull requests, using dry erase markers to enhance discussions, and moving conversations to phone when necessary.
The benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short- and long- term disability
- A results-only work environment with flexible hours so you have freedom to meet your personal and professional results. In fact, we were just recognized by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution for creating a flexible environment that offers work/life balance.
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, most kind, and hardest working nerds in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world. Are you up to the challenge?